Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Play in the Hay, Until you get your Way!

One fateful day,
I read the Editorial page,
"Are you doing what you love?"
full of experienced deliberation and rage.

I asked myself the same question,
an array of thoughts stood in queue,
outside my mind for the doors to open,
"What do I want to do?"

Daily doses of comfort,
made me lazy,
For, procrastination had no bail,
so I got out of the bitter barn,
to play in the hay.
So, apparently, sitting idle was not one of his fantasies!

One fateful day,
I read the Editorial page,
"Are you looking for a job you love?"
full of money and a golden cage.

I asked myself another question,
"Is money your satisfaction?"
outside my mind, stood another line,
I sank in my bed, eyes sleepy and red,
wrote this poem, and soon I was dead.

Daily doses of comfort,
made me lazy,
For, procrastination had no bail,
again, I got out of the bitter barn,
to play in the hay.

So, apparently, he got a lead role in a cage!

One fateful day,
I met the editor of the newspaper,
"Did you read my article?",
he was full of zeal and caper.

I asked myself yet another question,
"Am I in the right place?"
Before the thoughts could form a line,
he asks, "Are you alright nut-case?"

Struck by realization,
I told him, "Daily dozes of comfort,
made me lazy,
your article left me crazy,
I got out of the bitter barn,
to play in the hay,
But I just realized, to my rue,
I was just trying to be YOU"

So, apparently, he buys a different Newspaper now!






14 comments:

  1. In one word 'Brilliant'...You have a way with words...

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day, a few decades from now, kids will be using a 'kunji' to decipher your poems while calling you a bastard for being born and writing them.. Or, maybe you'll start competing with the Vogons.. Who knows..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Prabudh - haha, don't worry, your kid will be one of them and will come running around to you 'Daddy, explain me this'. You'll call me and I won't oblige and your kid will flunk :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I sit in the office and write this comment, I find myself asking the same questions, and the answer every-time comes out to be a resounding "No". But then, I ask myself where else I want to be and I don't know the answer yet.

    PS: Nice post, by the way!

    -Prateek.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love reading your blog.. please visit back my blog..
    Blog Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Just trying to be YOU', beautifully captured the eemotions, the confusions and the inability despite all the awareness !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Rachit, I dropped by to thankyou for visiting my blog, and stayed because your blog is lovely....very well written...we've chosen the same background... :-)
    I loved this piece, the words just flowed, spectacular . Keep it up.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Nitin - Thanks a lot :)

    @AAD - Thank you so much. Yes, I noticed the background too. Very pleasing to the eyes, isn't it? And plus the backdrop gives a classic feel of an ancient map..hehe
    I loved your blog too, left a comment :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...