Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ping Pong Philosophy


This other day, I played the most "thought-inspiring" game (friendly of-course) of my life. I was just mixed with too many thoughts which collided inside my mind like when a paint-ball bullet smashes into a soft peach and goes "Shhplashhh!"

So, I was in the mid of this Table Tennis game and the ball volleyed continuously. Back and forth. Back and forth. All of a sudden. Lightning bolt. Light bulb shines. Philosophy galore.

My side of the table was called "Where I am". The other side of the table was called "Where I Want to be". Obviously, I was the ping pong ball which was trying to get on the other side with a smash. Due to the amateurish play, I kept hitting the 'Net'.

All that is needed is some finesse ?

OR MAYBE... a change of philosophy? May be I should be the 'Net' that should stop the ping pong ball at the side "Where I Want to be". Let 'Where I am' be happy that they have won a point and still make me happy because that is "Where I want to be".


Hold on...Let me think over it again .....







3 comments:

  1. Ahh.. you got me thinking too!

    and I love the pic :)
    The sun does shine on both sides, it is our choice from which side do we want to enjoy the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I see why the change of philosophy suggestion. A simple change of perspective can make all the difference in the world.

    I once wrote on a stone (long story!) a quote that had become my life's mantra... "The secret of life is not to do what you like but to like what you do"

    Somehow, I had forgotten all about it. I'm grateful to you for reminding me of it. :)

    Oh and more thing, how can I add these 'like' buttons to my page? Please tell me there's a really easy way to do this which involves zilch technical mumbo-jumbo. I am completely technologically challenged. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kay - True that! it is our perspective+passion and not the skill-set acquired that drives us forward. and decides where we'll end up finally.


    @Creation - You would have to add the like button for every post separately(painstaking for the older posts). It is pretty easy, so whatever I tell you, even if you don't understand it, just follow the steps mechanically :P

    1. Follow the link->
    https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like/

    2. Enter your url, uncheck "send". Select dark/light according to the theme of your blog. Click.."Get Code"

    3. Copy the upper code. Go to your post editor. Edit HTML. Place at the end just before "< /div >". Go to compose, adjust the position to convenience.

    PS: I would love to read the 'Stone' story. Could you post the link here ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...