Saturday, May 28, 2011

"Yes...you look alright !!"


The next station stops by
half of india standing bored
an extraordinary girl squeezes in
stands by me on-board


I look at her in awe
the window be my eye
she turns to her right
catching me directly with a sly

Conscious by my gaze
she looks in the window
sets her hair straight

She looks at me in the window
her eyes blue, her lips rosy n' bright
sets her hair straight
'Yes...you look alright !!"

The next station stops by
half of india standing bored
pushing me like a ball
outside the extraordinary girl's court

I search for her in the maze
there she was...
looking appalled at the craze
looks at the window
sets her hair straight
'Yes...you look alright !!"

Eric clapton crooned loud for her to hear
I offered her to listen with me
she plugs in the earbuds into her ears
looks in the window
sets her hair straight
'Yes...you look alright !!"

The next station stops by
half of india standing bored
the extraordinary girl squeezes out
it was time for her to go

I check her out one last time
she looks at me through the window
I smile and raise my hand to say goodbye
she raises her hand as if in response
sets her hair straight,
...'Yes...you look alright !!"


8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post! So often people get caught up in how they look, and forget to enjoy life. Cool poem:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heart! And yes, people forget that they are looking good so that others can think they look good! If it wouldn't have been for compliments, people wouldn't care at all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice..sounds like love at first sight:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sanjeevkmenon - Not love exactly, I'd rather say... charmed by her lack of interest :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice way of putting it down.. :D

    *wishing you would have said it aloud to reassure her*
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't say out loud. Everytime she adjusted her hair, I just gave her a short head tilt with a slightly raised eyebrow. You know the "haan...i never thought of that" look ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @rachit:-this is really awesome...your finishing is mindblowing...! Liked the way you ended..!
    I too write poems- do check out my blog too...
    www.sulaimansait.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...